AC Milan news: Leao, Krunic, Musacchio and Calabria exit rumours

Mateo Musacchio Milan

Part one of Tuesday’s transfer round-up focuses on all the speculation linking players with an exit from Milan and some are a little more surprising than others.

Given the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic, it would come as no surprise if the squad needs to be trimmed to ensure that there is a balanced transfer window and to allow for new arrivals.

READ MORE: Why Milan ace is now facing a real test of character as snub touted vs Juventus

As reported by Calciomercato, via Sportmediaset, one of the more surprising exits could come in the form of Rafael Leao, as it’s suggested that his future could be up for discussion as he’s set to be snubbed from the starting line-up against Juventus this week.

With just two goals and two assists in 24 appearances so far this season, it hasn’t gone to plan for the youngster, and aside from his struggles in being decisive in the final third, question marks could also be raised over his attitude at times as he has failed to grasp a huge opportunity at the top level this season and even before the pandemic, Stefano Pioli didn’t seem entirely convinced.

Time will tell if this is merely an overreaction to the touted team news on Friday, or if Leao’s spot in the Milan squad may genuinely be at risk.

Meanwhile, Rade Krunic continues to be linked with an exit as Torino are said to be interested, with Calciomercato noting that we’ve set his asking price at €8m. Unsurprisingly, our Serie A rivals want to bring that figure down, and so it could result in a formula involving an initial loan move with an option, or obligation, to buy.

While he’s a good squad player, it remains to be seen if that’s enough to ensure Krunic sees a second season at San Siro.

Mateo Musacchio is also linked with an exit by Calciomercato, as it’s suggested that Simon Kjaer will win the battle to offer defensive depth beyond this season. It’s added that the Argentine centre-half could be set to return to Spain.

And finally, Calciomercato note that Davide Calabria could be facing an uncertain future as Sevilla, Bologna and Fiorentina are all said to be interested and so time will tell if Milan decide to green light an exit.

While there were high hopes for the youth product after his initial breakthrough, he has struggled to kick on and hasn’t been entirely convincing. With Andrea Conti not producing at the level required either, a new right-back could be on the cards especially if one of the duo leaves.